Disability Insurance – Short Term Disability Insurance, often called DI or disability income insurance, or income protection, is a form of insurance that insures the beneficiary’s (consumer) earned income against the risk that a disability creates a barrier for a worker (the consumer) to complete the core functions of their work. Disability insurance is intended to replace some of a working person’s (consumer) income when a disability prevents them from working.
It does not cover medical care or long-term care services, but it provides benefits. Let us help you pick the right coverage for you.
(U Decide It Tip)
When shopping for Disability insurance there are a few things you should know and think about:
- How much can I afford per month?
- Understanding the definition of Total Disability is really important
- Looking into adding the Partial Disability benefit rider onto your policy (which is also important)
- Ask your agent a lot of questions and do your own research online
- Get the best Disability policy you can get